There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may contain articles.
Everyone who works and studies at SCCH has agreed to respect each other and their environment. Students and staff are expected to embody the college values: Respect, Teamwork and Achievement.
By respecting each other, as well as college buildings and equipment and by working together, we can all achieve our goals.
Thank you for choosing to study at Sussex Coast College Hastings
Clive Cooke, CEO & Principal.
Students and Staff are expected to:
- Eat and drink within designated areas only
- Refrain from chewing gum
- Smoke only outside the blue lines outside the college buildings
- Leave the College clean and tidy
- Use non-abusive and non-offensive language
- Dress appropriately
- Follow the Health and Safety Policy
- Wear their ID card at all times whilst on campus
- Attend on time and contribute positively
- Work hard and meet deadlines
- Inform the college promptly if they are unable to attend
- Comply with the licensing and copyright rules required by the college Learning Resource Centre in relation to resources
- Use mobile phones with consideration and switch them off around learning areas
- Adhere to the IT users policy
- Check their college email regularly for announcements and use it for any communication with college staff
In addition students are expected to:
- Carry out reasonable instructions given by college staff
- Give names politely when asked by college staff
The college is expected to provide:
- Learning and support, planned to meet your needs
- Prompt and constructive feedback
- Encouragement and help to achieve your qualification(s)
- Advice and guidance with progression planning
- Assurance that your complaints and concerns will be dealt with fairly
- Praise and recognition for your efforts
- A safe and secure learning environment
As well as your studies, the College offers other opportunities for you to gain experience, develop your abilities and move towards a university place or a successful career.
Universities and potential employers like to see that you have taken the initiative to develop your CV, so taking up these opportunities could help you succeed in pinning down a place at uni or that dream job.
- NEW! Jaffa cake and Ferrero Rocher Milkshake flavours! Subject to availability.
- Don’t forget about our Coffee coolers and Iced Lattes! They’re available all year round!
- A big congratulations to the Coast Coffee team! Once gain another successful audit.
Station Plaza Fitness
- Free Body Composition Analysis
- Corporate Memberships: Join with a group of 3 or more colleagues and save 20% per month!
- NEW SUBS! Head down and check out what’s in store! Or keep an eye out for posters.
- Coffee & Cookie for only £1.50!
- Evening special! Footlong Sub, 16oz dispensed drink & cookie or crisps for £4.50 between 5-8pm!
Plaza Art Supplies
- Exhibition running from 14/04/15 – 04/05/15 featuring work from 5 Hastings College tutors.
Our two sites at Station Plaza and Ore Valley are packed full of brand new facilities and technology to make your time at college straight-forward, enjoyable and successful. Have a look around and get familiar with your surroundings.
Dates for Your Diary
Keep an eye on The Wave for Fresher's Week activities at college.
Freshers and returning students on a University of Brighton course at Sussex Coast College Hastings are invited to attend any of the Hastings Fresher’s Week events.
You can find up to date information on Fresher's Week on the University of Brighton at Hastings' Facebook page HERE.
Please carry your student ID or NUS Extra card during all events.
Autumn term 14/15
Start: 8th September
Half term: 27th - 31st October
Finish: 19th December
Spring term 14/15
Start: 6th January
Half term: 16th - 20th February
Finish: 27th March
Summer term 14/15
Start: 13th April
Half term: 26th - 29th May
Finish: 3rd July
The calendar for the 14/15 academic year is still under review so these dates may change slightly.
'Supporting Students is as important to us as helping them learn'
At Sussex Coast College Hastings, we offer a range of services to make your journey through college and beyond as straightforward, rewarding and successful as possible. We also strive to create an environment where everyone is equal, safe and listened to:
This section is where you'll find information about our services to students, including: