Year 10 Open Evening
Try out different subjects that could end up to be your future career!
On the 21st March 2019, Sussex Coast College Hastings welcomes all years to attend our Year 10 Open Evening, 5:00 pm till 7:00 pm, at our Station Plaza campus.
This evening will have a #fearless theme, challenging you to think about new things and the different opportunities available to you.
Talk to our tutors and try out different subjects
This evening is your opportunity to try out our subjects and meet your tutors before you decide what you want to study. The following interactive activities are subject to change:
- A-Levels - Sixth Form - Masterclass sessions
- Apprenticeships - Talk to Gill and Debbie about your options
- School of Art and Design - Workshops in ceramics, AS/A2 textiles & stained-glass as well as a tour of the Art Floor, observe workshops in ceramics and A Level Textiles
- Automotive Training - Engine demonstrations, quickest to change spark plugs competition
- Beauty - Manicure and nail art workshop
- Bricklaying - Brick bonds task
- Business - 'Name That Brand' & online activity, 'Be interviewed by an entrepreneur' experience. Overview of course, work experience, Trips & Placements
- Carpentry - Laser levels, 345 building square (Pythagoras) and Festool
- Electrical Engineering - Bike generator of electricity
- Engineering - Practical examples, science tricks and workshop video
- Hair - Demos in the training salon with hair up practical tasks
- Health, Child & Social Care - Creative activity and hoist chair demo. Dirty Hands & Magnets for children
- Hospitality and Culinary Arts - Churros Stall tasters & Decorate a cup-cake
- Information and Creative Technologies - learner's games and the 3D headset
- Music Technology - Garage Band
- Painting & Decorating - Paperhanging and examples of work
- Plumbing - Push fit pipe task
- Sport - Fitness testing in the atrium
- Supported Education - Visit the sensory room and tour of the space
- Travel and Tourism - The travel department will be doing travel and cabin crew demonstrations in the fuselage on the 3rd floor. There will also be travel style quizzes and games for students to get involved with
Book your place on your Taster Day at our Open Evening!
Your school has been allocated a day in July for you and your friends to attend.
Find out what a day in the life of an East Sussex College Student is like - book on our website from the 1st March.