Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
Advanced Learner Loan applicable
What entry requirements do I need?
You will need a minimum of: Relevant Level 2 qualification, or 5 GCSEs at Grade A C
What will I learn?
Being a pastry chef is one of the most challenging jobs in the kitchen. A good Pâtissier must balance an expert knowledge of traditional, classic desserts with technical expertise, creative flair and a willingness to experiment.
If you want to aquire expert knowledge of traditional, classic desserts with technical expertise, and you have a creative flair and a willingness to experiment, then this is the course for you.
During the course you will explore and develop a range of skills and techniques in the following areas:
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Prepare, cook and finish complex bread and dough products
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones
- Prepare, process and finish complex chocolate products
- Prepare, cook and finish complex hot desserts
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cold desserts
- Produce sauces, fillings and coatings for complex desserts
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Contribute to the development of recipes and menus
- Understand the principles of supervising food and beverage services
- Observe principles of food safety supervision for catering
- Promote food and beverage services and products
- Supervise customer service performance in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism
- Supervise food and beverage service
- Understand legislation in food and beverage service
This one-year course will suit you if you want to take the next step in your career, or enter the industry at a more senior level. You will further develop your knowledge and skills, perhaps to become a specialist or move into a supervisory or management role.
80% practical, 10% coursework and 10% exams. You will spend time in our fine dining restaurant, coffee shops and other eateries to practise the skills you learn.
What could I progress on to?
On completion of this course you can progress onto further study in a related subject at degree level.
You may wish to start your career in the industry as a Brigade chef or join a Management training scheme
Uniform is required for this course and will cost approximately £220 and trips and visits will be approcimately £30.
Additional Course Details for 17/18
Course code 14911 Course name Level 3 Diploma in Patisserie & Confectionery Campus Station Plaza Study mode Full-Time Start date 11/09/17 Duration 36 week (s)